Friday, August 15, 2014

Mountains & Whitewater!

Post for August 13th

We left Yellowstone and headed back to Jackson for my last day on the trip.  I had decided
to end my part of the trip with whitewater rafting down the Snake River.  But first we had a
drive back through Grand Teton NP.  This time the weather was nicer and we had some
great views of the mountains from the turnouts as we made our way to Jackson.  These
were the views we had been hoping for!


Much better view of Mt. Moran

Kelly & Jane in front of Mt. Moran

We took a 8 person raft with another family (parents, grandparents and 2 kids).  It got
cloudy part way through the trip and became a bit chilly, but was a lot of fun.  As we went
through "The Big Kahuna" all I could see was a wall of water in front of me at one point.
The kids weren't that excited, so it was sort of a low-key group.  We did add to our
wildlife sightings with more Osprey, Merganser ducks, a mule deer, a beaver and a bald
eagle.   A cool way to end my part of the trip!

A farewell dinner at the Gun Barrel Steak and Game restaurant and huckleberry ice cream from Moose's on the town square ended the day.  Back to the East Coast tomorrow for me as Kelly continues west.

No comments:

Post a Comment