Thursday, August 14, 2014

Headed Home

This post will be slightly out of order since we've had little internet access over the last week.  I'll catch up on some of the in-between ones as the day goes on as I make my way back to North Carolina.

Kelly dropped me off at the Jackson Hole airport this morning in the rain, sort of fitting weather as it has been part of the theme of our trip.  On the runway now, the skies are clearing as the captain warns that they'll be using more thrust than usual on take-off due to the short runway and mountains.  Looks like it will turn out to be a nice day for the start of the second leg of Kelly's adventure.

I am so thankful to have had the chance to join Kelly and for her inviting me along.  We've shared some great experiences and made some lasting memories.  The two and a half weeks and around 4000 miles have gone by quickly.  I'm proud of all that she has accomplished and confident that the rest of the trip will go well for her.  She and Jane make quite a pair and we've seen that there are still lots of people around who are willing to lend a helping hand when needed.

We do intend to meet back up with Kelly for part of her tour through Utah, so there will be more to come later.

You can continue to follow Kelly's trip on her blog: calamityjaneroadtrip.blogspot.com

We just took off with a great view of the Tetons - with that I'll wish Kelly safe journeys and lots more adventures as she continues her trip westward!

No comments:

Post a Comment